How does the tenancy work?
Before moving in:
- You apply for an offered room or flat
- You send us your tenant self-disclosure with your data
- If desired, a viewing takes place
- You sign the tenancy agreement
- You transfer the deposit or – if payment by installments has been agreed – the first installment of the deposit
When moving in:
- The room or the flat is handed over
- You receive all necessary keys
- A handover protocol is made
- You will receive a confirmation (“Wohnungsgeberbestätigung”) that you are living in our flat for the Citizens’ Registration Office (“Anmeldung” at “Bürgeramt”)
- You will receive information sheets about your tenancy
- Your name will be put on the letterbox and the doorbell
- You transfer your first rent
After moving in:
- You treat the flat with care and in accordance with the contract until you move out
- You pay your rent in full and on time by the 3rd working day of the month
- You will abide by the house rules and other guidelines concerning your tenancy
- In particular, you will show consideration for your neighbours and separate your rubbish properly
Before moving out:
- You pay attention to the three month notice period
- Your notice of termination must reach us by post (a PDF by e-mail is also acceptable) and with your personal signature at least three months before you plan to move out
- Short-term move-outs are possible by arrangement, with binding mediation of a suitable next tenant and the payment of a processing fee of € 50.00
When moving out:
- You hand over the flat clean, tidy and undamaged
- You return all keys received
- A handover protocol is made again
- You remove all your belongings from the flat
- Your name is removed from the letterbox and doorbell
After moving out:
- You will receive your deposit back within a few months after moving out
- If damage or high additional ancillary or operating cost payments attributable to you are subsequently discovered, your security deposit will – after consultation with you – be retained in part or in full in accordance with the amount of the damage or additional payment
- Your personal data will be temporarily archived, stored in accordance with legal storage obligations and then deleted
No, all our rents and services are calculated performance-based and are not negotiable.
In shared flats we organize the whole furniture in common rooms (kitchen, bathroom). Also the individual rooms are usually already equipped with furniture (bed, mattress, wardrobe, desk, chair, lamp). For this a furniture rent of 20,00 € is integrated in the total rent.
Usually flats will be handed over empty. Sometimes there can be exceptions, let’s talk about it in person.
In our shared flats, the internet is usually organized by the residents themselves. If necessary, please contact them and discuss the contract situation and cost sharing. In some apartments, the internet is also provided by us. In these cases, an Internet fee of €10.00 is included in the total rent.
Of course, our flats have an internet connection. However, the tenant is responsible for the supply by an internet provider.
In our shared flats the payment of the broadcasting fee, which is legally required for each apartment, is usually organized by the residents themselves. In some flats, the broadcasting fee is already included in the total rent. Please clarify this with us in the individual case.
If you want to rent a flat with us, you are in any case responsible for paying the broadcasting fee by yourself.
Of course, you can view our apartments at your leisure before making a decision. In personal contact with you, we will be happy to arrange a viewing appointment.
If you are responsible for the damage, you must repair the problem on your own or pay for the damage financially.
In case of other damages concerning the rental property, get in touch with us and give us all the details. Here, too, you as the tenant can be financially involved in the repair under certain conditions. The small repair regulation applies contractually.
You are contractually obligated to transfer your rent payment by the 3rd working day of the month. The same applies to any outstanding deposit installments. If you do not meet your payment obligations on time, additional reminder fees will be charged as a result of reminders.
A three month notice period applies by contract. By law, you are required to send us your notice of termination in writing and with a handwritten signature by mail or as a PDF by e-mail. The letter must be received by us by the 3rd working day of a month, so that this month is still counted towards the period. If your termination letter does not meet the legal requirements, it is legally invalid.
Usually not. By prior arrangement, we can agree on an earlier move-out date, as long as you provide a suitable next tenant and pay a one-time processing fee of € 50.00. Please note that your next tenant must meet certain requirements and we are not obliged to offer you this option or to accept your proposed next tenant.
Of course, you can also pay your rent until the end of the notice period, but already hand over the property to us before that.
Important: The written termination with three months notice is necessary in any case!
If everything is in order, you will usually get your full deposit back after a few months. The exact time depends on your individual case.
If damage or high additional ancillary or operating cost payments attributable to you are subsequently discovered, your deposit will – after consultation with you – be retained in part or in full in accordance with the amount of the damage or additional payment.
If you are still expecting mail at your former address, it is best to apply for a forwarding order (Nachsendeauftrag). On the day you move out or soon thereafter, we will remove your nameplates from the mailbox and doorbell.